We tell ypu about site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0
W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata because of this document, that might consist of corrections that are normative.
This document can also be for sale in non-normative platforms, offered by Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility tips 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 W3C ® (MIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, trademark and document usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers an extensive selection of tips in making site content more available. Following these recommendations can make content available to a wider variety of people who have disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limitations, limited motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations among these. After these directions will even often create your online content more usable to users generally speaking.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements which are not technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, along with basic information regarding interpreting the success requirements, is provided in documents that are separate. See site content Accessibility tips (WCAG) Overview for an introduction and links to WCAG technical and academic product.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Though it is achievable to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that brand brand new and updated use that is content 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that online accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation for this Document
This part defines the status of the document during the right period of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A summary of present W3C publications while the revision that is latest for this technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is actually the site content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the Web information Accessibility instructions performing Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by pc pc software designers, and also by other groups that are w3C interested parties, and it is endorsed because of the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It’s a stable document and works extremely well as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part to make the advice is always to draw focus on the specification and also to market its extensive deployment. This improves the functionality and interoperability associated with online.
WCAG 2.0 is sustained by the associated non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those documents lack the formal status that WCAG 2.0 it self has, they offer information vital that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any responses be produced making use of the provided online comment type. Should this be extremely hard, responses can be sent to also email@example.com. The archives for the public feedback list are publicly available. Reviews received from the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications to the form of the principles, but could be addressed in errata or future grademiners variations of WCAG. The performing Group doesn’t intend to make formal reactions to feedback. Archives associated with WCAG WG email list conversations are publicly available, and work that is future by the performing Group may deal with reviews gotten with this document.
This document was produced within the W3C online Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives regarding the WCAG performing Group are talked about within the WCAG Working Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is component associated with WAI Technical Activity.
This document had been generated by a team running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a list that is public of patent disclosures produced in connection utilizing the deliverables regarding the team; that web web page comes with guidelines for disclosing a patent. Someone who has real understanding of a patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the knowledge according to part 6 for the W3C Patent Policy.
dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Directions
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text options for any non-text content making sure that it may be turned into other designs individuals require, such as for example big print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer options for time-based news.
- 1.3 content that is create could be presented in various means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 ensure it is easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating history.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users sufficient time to read and make use of content.
- 2.3 usually do not design content in a real way this is certainly proven to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer techniques to assist users navigate, find content, and discover where they truly are.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content understandable and readable.
- 3.2 Make webpages look and run in predictable methods.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future individual agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Needs
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – 3rd Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Sources